Skip to main content

Where did November go?

Hello there.......Nice to see you again.

It seems like it was just Halloween which it was but it was an entire month ago, Monday was a busy month for me. My daughter-in-law was expecting her first baby, Thanksgiving was coming and life continues to happen.

I was able to spend nine days with my new grandson and his family in Alabama. What a blessing!! I got another suprize when my son and his girlfriend drove up from Texas. I hated to leave and come home. Needless to say I am already planning to go back for another visit. My family is important to me and I am fortunate to have such a large one.

One of the girls at work said "Do something Christmasy" when I asked her how i should paint my nails. Alexia, this is for you. :)

I was looking through Nail It! magazines Nov/Dec 2015 issue and I saw this idea. Originally done by Melissa Collado Staten Island, NY (@melcisme). If you read Nail It! you can find the design on page 71. It wasn't my first choice but after I looked at it, I thought it would be perfect.

Base coat of your choice per usual. On my thumb, index and pinkie fingers, I used Sinful Colors Garden Party. Two coats. I could have probably done with one but I chose two. This is a nice verdant green. The ring and pinkie fingers I used Butter London Lushington. This isa gorgeous gold glitter. I used three coats.  Interestingly enough, I have never bought Butter London polish because of the cost. While I was shopping at Marshall's for baby clothes, I came across some. It is the regular size bottle and I paid $4 for it. Nice price.




I have a large amount of nail art wheels at my disposable. I did not, however, have the same ones used in the original design. These worked for me. I put a coat of NutraNail Speed Dry and set the gold stud on the nail. When it was dry, I put on another coat. I wash my hands a ton during the day. The studs didn't come off until I removed the polish.

For the ring finger I used some tape to make the tree shape. You can make it as tall and thin or short and fat as you choose. I didn't have gold stars in  my collection so I used silver ones and painted them with gold polish. I used Kiss Nail Art Striper in Gold for the branches on the tree. To finish, I put some rhinestones on the branches. I used the same technique to stick the rhinestones on. Two coats of NutraNail Speed Dry.

All the supplies I used were purchased with my own money. I usually buy my polish at WalMart. The nail art wheels I bought at Amazon.

There you have it. I am hoping to get another post out before Christmas.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another sunny Saunday

And hotter then Hell. When it's already 75 degrees at 7:30 in the morning, you know it's going to be hot. Too freaking hot. So, I'm nice and cool indoors, doing my nails...and fighting off a migraine. I saw today's idea on Pinterest. Here's the link. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394979829801950580/ These are so pretty. It looks like the white is 3-D but I didn't have supplies to do that.  So, per usual, I improvised.  Here we go... Base coat as always. I used French manicure guides to mark where I wanted the polish to end.  Wait for it....Yep, you are so right,! Amazon. I used Essie Loot the Booty for the blue. This polish has just a hit of super fine shimmer in it. For the white, I used Mundo de Unas nail stamping polish. You should find it here. http://www.mundodeunas.com/ For the teeny dots, I used a dotting (Amazon) and L.A. Girl Color Pop White On. I bought mine at Rite-Aid but my store doesn't have it any longer. Top coat - Sa

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.......

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr purr. If you watch the Big Bang Theory, you know where this comes from. I don't. But my daughter does. When I saw this polish on the Super Nails Etsy site, I had to get it for her. Me, being a cat lover, I had to get one for myself as well. Here is the link. https://www.etsy.com/shop/supernails This is a polish that has a sheer pink base. It is full of pink, grey and white tiny spots. It's not glitter, because it doesn't sparkle. The think that made me want to buy it is that it has white, pink and grey......kitty heads in it. I thought it was really cute. Let it begin: Base coat...check. Pro-Fx nail Concealer in Light/Medium. I don't know if I mentioned it but it come is Medium/Dark as well. One coat of this. Polish...check. If you aren't familiar with glitter type polish, it's applied differently than regular polish. For  me, the first coat is the base coat for the color. each following coat that I put on, I am pl

Happy Mother's Day.

Greetings:  I hope all of the Mother's have a blessed day. Children are amazing. I have seven of my own and many of my children's friends that I claim as my own. I bought some new polish on Thursday. I bought a dark pink, a nice blue, a sand color and a sparkly fairy dust color. The blue reminded me of my Mom's blue eyes.  I lost her in 2003. It doesn't get any easier. It's just life. I miss her terribly. She was very special. Let's get the show on the road. First, a base coat. Your choice. I used the Pro-Fx Nail Concealer in Light Medium. I used one coat to create a smooth surface. I chose Pure Ice Shine Rain & Shine. Thins is a nice cornflower blue. Two coats.  For the glitter I used Glitter Lambs Million Dollar Gradient. I love this color. It's gold, gold and more gold. It's  a "bam"in your face gold. With glitter polish, the first Coat you need to "place" more then "paint" it on. Th