Skip to main content

All that glitters is not gold......

Unless you happen to be referring to my nails o' the day.  :)

It's been a weird couple of weeks. I was worried about one of my kids and I wasn't thinking about nail polish. Fortunately it isn't anything serious and she is well again.  Back to the Blog I go.

My kids are my heart and soul. I have seven of them and I adore each and everyone of them. They have my family's odd sense of humor and we drive each other crazy. I wouldn't know what to do without them. Truly they keep me sane.


So, the word of the day is...Gold. I looked through my many issues of Nail It! magazine. Checked on Pinterest and Youtube. Perused Instagram and Twitter. Nothing caught my eye. I didn't really zero in on any certain designs. I was stumped. For a moment.  Then I happened to look in m y polish drawer and I was suddenly blinded, yes blinded by the sparkly gold polish staring me right in the face.
I can work with that. Here goes:

Baser coat of my dreams....Pro-Fx Nail Concealer. You know the drill. I bought this at my local Wal-Mart. I love this stuff!!

For the base color I used Serum #5 Endora's Aura. I love this shade. It's a purple holo with sparkle to it. If you know who Endora is, the name fits the polish. I bought this at LLarowe. It was one on the polishes that came in the "A Box Indeed." That site doesn't sell it any longer.  I checked the Serum #5 website and I didn't see it. Sad day.




This is two coats of Endora's Aura.  




 This is with one coat of Butter London Lushington.  I didn't completely cover the nail. I painted almost to the free edge.                                               

 Next step, I used L.A. Girl Color Pop Glitzy. This time I applied the polish about a third of the nail.




Last of the glitter, I used Glitter Lambs Million Dollar Gradient and applied it to the area right next to the cuticle.







 I chose these three for the ombre effect. The Butter London polish is fine glitter. The L.A. Girl is larger glitter. The Glitter Lambs is multiple chunky shapes.









Here are my base and top coats. I ran out of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri so I used L.A. Girl Gel Shine Top Coat.






Here is the Serum #5 polish.  I didn't use the Pueen latex Tape but I wanted to mention it.  This stuff is amazing, truly. Paint it on the area around your nail bed and let it dry. No mess,  Peels right off taking all you polish mistakes with it. **IF YOU HAVE A LATEX ALLERGY, DON'T USE THIS.**   You can find latex free nail tape at Amazon.  As always I always purchase all my own stuff. I purchased the Serum #5 and the Glitter Lambs polish at LLarowe too. Since she isn't selling those brands any longer, check out the websites. http://serumno5.com/ http://www.glitterlambs.com/



Voila!! Fin.....

Thanks for stopping by.

Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another sunny Saunday

And hotter then Hell. When it's already 75 degrees at 7:30 in the morning, you know it's going to be hot. Too freaking hot. So, I'm nice and cool indoors, doing my nails...and fighting off a migraine. I saw today's idea on Pinterest. Here's the link. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394979829801950580/ These are so pretty. It looks like the white is 3-D but I didn't have supplies to do that.  So, per usual, I improvised.  Here we go... Base coat as always. I used French manicure guides to mark where I wanted the polish to end.  Wait for it....Yep, you are so right,! Amazon. I used Essie Loot the Booty for the blue. This polish has just a hit of super fine shimmer in it. For the white, I used Mundo de Unas nail stamping polish. You should find it here. http://www.mundodeunas.com/ For the teeny dots, I used a dotting (Amazon) and L.A. Girl Color Pop White On. I bought mine at Rite-Aid but my store doesn't have it any longer. Top coat - Sa

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.......

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr purr. If you watch the Big Bang Theory, you know where this comes from. I don't. But my daughter does. When I saw this polish on the Super Nails Etsy site, I had to get it for her. Me, being a cat lover, I had to get one for myself as well. Here is the link. https://www.etsy.com/shop/supernails This is a polish that has a sheer pink base. It is full of pink, grey and white tiny spots. It's not glitter, because it doesn't sparkle. The think that made me want to buy it is that it has white, pink and grey......kitty heads in it. I thought it was really cute. Let it begin: Base coat...check. Pro-Fx nail Concealer in Light/Medium. I don't know if I mentioned it but it come is Medium/Dark as well. One coat of this. Polish...check. If you aren't familiar with glitter type polish, it's applied differently than regular polish. For  me, the first coat is the base coat for the color. each following coat that I put on, I am pl

Happy Mother's Day.

Greetings:  I hope all of the Mother's have a blessed day. Children are amazing. I have seven of my own and many of my children's friends that I claim as my own. I bought some new polish on Thursday. I bought a dark pink, a nice blue, a sand color and a sparkly fairy dust color. The blue reminded me of my Mom's blue eyes.  I lost her in 2003. It doesn't get any easier. It's just life. I miss her terribly. She was very special. Let's get the show on the road. First, a base coat. Your choice. I used the Pro-Fx Nail Concealer in Light Medium. I used one coat to create a smooth surface. I chose Pure Ice Shine Rain & Shine. Thins is a nice cornflower blue. Two coats.  For the glitter I used Glitter Lambs Million Dollar Gradient. I love this color. It's gold, gold and more gold. It's  a "bam"in your face gold. With glitter polish, the first Coat you need to "place" more then "paint" it on. Th